Smoked Christmas "Crack" (Gluten Free)
This is the ultimate Christmas indulgence. It’s super easy to make with only 5 ingredients and is done super fast. This recipe calls for gluten free but you can also make it with regular soda crackers as well. They call it Crack because that’s how you serve it, you crack all the pieces apart instead of cutting them in neat squares like other Christmas treats. So get ready for a salty, sweet, buttery chocolatey indulgence with just a kiss of smoke!
- 1 package Gluten free saltine crackers
- 1 cup Salted Butter
- 300 grams Milk chocolate chips (1 package)
- 200 grams Skor Bits (1 package)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the smoker to 350 degreesLine a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread out the crackers in an even layer on the top of the covering. In a small pot, melt the butter and brown sugar together over medium heat and boil it down for exactly 5 minutes stirring constantly. Pour the mixture over the crackers and spread it out evenly
- Place the baking sheet on the smoker and let it ride at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top coating evenly. Toss it back on the smoker for 1 minute to help melt the chocolate. Spread the chocolate out evenly using a spatula. Sprinkle the skor bits over the top of the chocolate and then move the whole pan to the fridge.
- Chill the pan in the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight, crack the whole pan up into bite size or 2 bite size pieces and serve. This treat can be held in Tupperware in the fridge for a week or if you vacuum seal and pit in the freezer much longer.
Step by Step
- Preheat Smoker to 350 degrees
- Line pan with foil or parchment
- Lay crackers on top evenly
- Cook down butter and brown sugar, let boil for 5 minutes
- Coat the crackers in the butter, sugar mixture
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Top with chocolate and let it melt on the smoker for 1 minute
- Spread out the chocolate and sprinkle with skor bits
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours