Smoked Grocery Store Pizza
Sometimes I get home from work and I have no patience to make dinner from scratch, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want something delicious. Grocery stores always have pre-made uncooked pizzas in the deli and they are a great option for a last minute meal, but how do you make it better? I used to just add about a pound of cheese and extra toppings, but then I discovered smoked pizza, I might never go back to baking it in the oven.
- 1 each Grocery Store Pizza
- 1 can Cornhusker Kitchen Duck Fat Spray
- Extra cheese or toppings (optional)
- Preheat the smoker to as hot as it goes and throw a pizza stone on the smoker.Add any additional toppings that you want, but be sure not to overload the pizza. Spray the bottom of the crust with Duck Fat Spray.
- Once the smoker is piping hot, grab the pizza and throw it on the hot pizza stone. Bake for around 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust appears crispy.
Slice and Serve
- Using a good sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut the pizza into triangular shaped pieces
Step by Step
- Preheat smoker to max heat with pizza stone
- Top up the pizza with any additional toppings you want
- Spray the bottom of the crust with duck fat spray
- Place the pizza on the hot stone
- When cheese is melted and crust is crispy remove from smoker
- Slice and serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!