The Ultimate Camping Pizza
You will be the envy of the camp site when you roll out your shiny new pizza oven for this recipe. It does not matter if you have an Ooni, a Camp Chef artisan pizza oven or maybe even just a pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan, but making pizza while camping can be affordable, fast and easy with the right tools. For this recipe, we used a Camp Chef Artisan Pizza oven attachment for the Camp Chef Pro 60X. We used a pre-made gluten free cauliflower crust, but this recipe can also be made using Urban Slicer Dough or a regular pizza crust as well.
- Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven
- Ooni Pizza Peel
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- Camp Chef Rocking Pizza Cutter
- Camp Chef Cast Iron Pizza Pan
- 2 each Pizza Crusts
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 can Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp Spiceology Pizza Cheese Seasoning
- 8 cups shredded cheese
- ¼ lb Pepperoni
- ½ cup Fried Onions
- Preheat the pizza oven to max Heat, for us it was around 750 degrees F
Lay out your pizza ingredients
- Creating the perfect mise en place for your pizza will make selecting your toppings and assembling the pizzas that much easier and faster.
Assembling your pizza
- Put your pizza dough or crust onto a pizza peel and then add your sauce. Push the sauce around with a spoon to ensure an even layer all over, making sure to leave a small gap at the edge for the crust. Next sprinkle some of the pizza cheese seasoning onto the sauce. The next layer is cheese, use more than you think you need. The final ingredient is the toppings. We went with bacon, pepperoni and fried onions on our pizza, but feel free to get inventive and add whatever you have in your fridge!
Baking the Pizza
- I cooked my pizzas for about 3 minutes each, spinning the pizza 180 degrees half way through. Because these pizza ovens get so hot, you really don’t need to cook your pizza for very long.
Don’t cut on your peel
- Once the pizza is done, transfer it to a wooden cutting board and slice into wedges. Don’t cut directly on your pizza peel, because you want that surface to remain flat and free from cut marks. This allows your pizza to slide on and off easier, so keep it free from knife marks.
Step By Step
- Preheat the oven to Max heat (700 degrees)
- Lay out all your ingredients
- Assemble your pizza on a pizza peel
- Transfer the pizza to the oven
- Spin the pizza 180 degrees after a minute and a half
- Remove the pizza from the oven after about 3 minutes, when the crust is golden brown
- Transfer pizza to a wooden cutting board and slice into wedges