You Need a Steak Recipe
Our Signature Steak Recipe. Buy the kit, make the best steak you ever had!
- Take your steaks out of the fridge and remove any butcher paper or packaging. If the steaks appear wet give them a pat dry with some paper towel. Next spray the steaks with Duck Fat Spray all over both sides and then a hefty douse of the Yonedas Gold and White. Let the steak sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Getting Your Steak Up to Temperature
- Set your smoker to 350°. Probe the center of the steak with a thermometer. Place the steaks in the smoker and pay close attention to the internal temperatures. Remove from smoker at desired internal temperature. Rare – 120°F, Medium Rare – 128°F, Medium – 135°F. If you want them more cooked then that then please have chicken.
- After you remove your steak from the smoker it is important to let the steak rest for long enough that it stops cooking completely. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
Searing Your Steak
- Crank your grill up to as hot as it will go or if you have a Pit Boss open up your searing station to let the fire lick the grills.Bring your steaks and Duck Fat spray to the grill. Generously spray the Duck Fat onto the top of your steak and place it sprayed side down on the hot grill. I like to push the steak down into the grills to get better grill marks. Now spray the Duck Fat on to the top of the steak again and repeat as necessary.Using a timer, wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds lift the steak and flip it over. Spray again with the Duck Fat and wait 60 seconds again. Now flip the steak but this time rotate is 90° so that the grill marks are perpendicular to the grates, spray with duck fat again.After 30 seconds repeat this process one last time. This whole process should take around 3 minutes and get you amazing grill marks and buttery rich flavour on the surface of your steaks.
- Put your steaks on a cutting board, dust with Happy Endings Finishing Rub. Slice and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!