You Need a Steak Recipe
- Take your steaks out of the fridge and remove any butcher paper or packaging. If the steaks appear wet give them a pat dry with some paper towel. Next spray the steaks with Duck Fat Spray all over both sides and then a hefty douse of the Big Poppa Smokers Double Secret Steak Rub and the Boar’s Night Out White Lightning. Let the steak sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Getting Your Steak Up to Temperature
- Set your smoker to 350°. Probe the center of the steak with a thermometer. Place the steaks in the smoker and pay close attention to the internal temperatures. Remove from smoker at desired internal temperature. Rare – 120°F, Medium Rare – 128°F, Medium – 135°F. If you want them more cooked then that then please have chicken.
- After you remove your steak from the smoker it is important to let the steak rest for long enough that it stops cooking completely. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
Searing Your Steak
- Crank your grill up to as hot as it will go or if you have a Pit Boss open up your searing station to let the fire lick the grills.Bring your steaks and Duck Fat spray to the grill. Generously spray the Duck Fat onto the top of your steak and place it sprayed side down on the hot grill. I like to push the steak down into the grills to get better grill marks. Now spray the Duck Fat on to the top of the steak again and repeat as necessary.Using a timer, wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds lift the steak and flip it over. Spray again with the Duck Fat and wait 60 seconds again. Now flip the steak but this time rotate is 90° so that the grill marks are perpendicular to the grates, spray with duck fat again.After 30 seconds repeat this process one last time. This whole process should take around 3 minutes and get you amazing grill marks and buttery rich flavour on the surface of your steaks.
- Put your steaks on a cutting board, dust with Happy Endings Finishing Rub. Slice and serve immediately.
GET THE KIT!
You Need a BBQ Steak Kit – Gift Pack
Spice up the holidays for someone special with our You Need a BBQ Steak Kit. Make the best steak you’ve ever eaten using our top recommended spices and step by step directions. Comes in a gift box with a recipe card!
- Duck Fat Spray
- Boar’s Night Out White Lightning
- Big Poppa Smoker’s Double Secret Steak Rub
- Big Poppa Smoker’s Happy Endings Finishing Rub
- Probe Thermometer
- Recipe Card
All packed into a custom You Need a BBQ Gift Box!
Disclaimer: If seasonings or sauces sell out, we will substitute for an equivalent value (and taste!) seasoning for you.
You Need a BBQ