Greek Freak Pork Loin Souvlaki Skewers
I was looking to make a fast and delicious meal for the staff at work and I wanted to do some flavors unlike traditional southern USA BBQ. I decided to go with some Greek for lunch. We did Pork Souvlaki Skewers with a Sorta white sauce on Naan bread, but if you have Pita, that works good too. This fusion of Alabama white sauce with Greek flavors and Naan might be a fusion unlike the world has ever seen, but it did not stop our staff and neighbors from devouring every bite.
- Camp Chef XT 24 Wood Pellet Grill
- BBQ Tongs
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- Yonedas Okami Chef Knife
- BBQ Skewers
- 3 lbs Cubed Pork Loin
- ¼ cup Spiceology Greek Freak Rub
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ bottle Lane's BBQ Sorta White Sauce
- 1 package Naan
Prepping the Pork Loin
- If your pork loin is already cubed then great, if not you want to cut it into bite sized cubes. Toss the pork loin into a bowl and cover in olive oil Sprinkle it with the Greek Freak seasoning and let it marinade for at least 15 minutes but up to 2 hours in the refrigerator. Once the marinating is done, remove it from the fridge and skewer the meat onto bamboo or metal skewers.
Smoking the Souvlaki Skewers
- Place the skewers on the BBQ at 400 Degrees F and grill them for about 15 minutes turning regularly. You are looking for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F inside the pork for them to be done. The bigger your cubes are, the longer they will take to cook and same thing for smaller will cook faster. For our cubes, 15 minutes was the right amount of time.
Toss the Bread onto the smoker
- In the final minutes of smoking/grilling the souvlaki, throw the Naan or Pita bread onto the smoker to get it a little bit warm before assembling your souvlaki sandwiches.
Assembling the Sandwiches
- Once the bread is warmed through and the meat is done cooking, it is time to assemble. Pour some of the Lane’s BBQ Sorta white sauce onto the surface of the bread and then place a skewer in the middle. Then you can add optional garnishes at this time like lettuce, tomato, banana peppers or onions, but for us we went au naturel with just meat, bread, and sauce. Wrap up the bread around the meat and pull out the skewer, serve with lots of napkins to your adoring fans.
Step by Step
- Preheat your grill to 400F
- Season the cubed meat with olive oil and Spiceology Greek Freak seasoning
- Let the meat marinade for 15 minutes up to 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Skewer the pork onto bamboo or metal skewers
- Grill the pork up to an internal temperature of 145F
- Heat Your bread on the grill until softened and warmed through
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of Lane’s Sorta white sauce onto each piece of bread
- Place a souvlaki onto the bread and remove the skewer from the middle
- Wrap the bread around the souvlaki and serve