Homemade Smoker Queso
Queso is a very popular Mexican style cheese dip. It literally means “Cheese” in Spanish, but this dip is so much more than just cheese. I’ve always been a fan of Tostitos Queso dip out of the jar; in fact I can tell when my wife is really happy with me because she will buy me some at the grocery store. The home-made stuff is even better though, and you can mix it up with your own mix of flavours and spice as well. Don’t be afraid to try your own mix here, the way we do it is the way we like it, but you can easily add or subtract from the ingredients list to make it your own.
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- ½ cup Diced Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can Browned Beans
- 1 cup Leftover Shredded Prok
- ½ cup Diced Sweet Onion
- ¼ cup Big Poppa Smoker Jalapeno Jalalelujah Rub
- Preheat the smoker or BBQ to 275 degrees.Pour all the ingredients into a smoker safe pan, do not stir the ingredients yet.
- Put the Queso on the smoker for 40 minutes until all the cheese has melted and you’ve kissed the rest of the ingredients with just enough smoke flavour.
Stirring and Serving
- This is the fun part, stir all the ingredients together and serve immediately. This dish can also be prepped a day in advance and then reheated, as necessary.
Step by Step
- Preheat Smoker to 275 Degrees
- Pour Ingredients into a pan
- Smoke for 40 minutes
- Stir Ingredients together
- Serve with Chips
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!