Spatchcocked Motley Que Chicken with the Best Sauce on the Planet!
Motley Que was recently awarded the title of best sauce on the planet by The American Royal with a perfect score of 180!!! This is such an amazing accomplishment and they beat out over 350 other BBQ sauces to be awarded this amazing global prize! In honor of that accomplishment of being the world’s best BBQ sauce, we decided to come up with a recipe worthy of their praise using Motley Que Sticky Fixx and their famous Motley Que Chicken Fixx (formerly Chicken Glitter) to make some of the best barbecued chicken you have ever tasted.
- Apple Wood Pellets
- Kitchen Shears
- BBQ Tongs
- BBQ Gloves
- Pit Boss 820D3 Pellet Grill
- Yonedas Okami Chef Knife
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- Sturdy Roll of Tin Foil
- BBQ Basting Brush
- 1 each Whole Chicken
- 1 cup Motley Que Sticky Fixx
- ¼ cup Motley Que Chicken Fixx
- 1 can Cornhusker Kitchen Duck Fat Spray
- Preheat the Smoker to 375 degrees.Using a pair of sharp kitchen shears, remove the backbone from the chicken. You are going to want to run the shears up both sides of the backbone to remove it completely from the carcass. Lay the chicken flat on a cutting board, breast side up and press down in the center of the breast to flatten the bird completely.
Seasoning the Bird
- Spray the chicken all over with duck fat spray and then sprinkle with an even coating of Motley Que Chicken Fixx all over.
Cooking the Chicken
- Place the chicken on the smoker at 375 degrees bone side down. Place an internal thermometer into the breast of the chicken and let it cook until you reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Saucing the chicken with the best sauce on the planet
- Paint the chicken with the Motley Que Sticky Fixx all over. This is the best sauce on the planet, so use lots. Put the chicken back onto the grill for about 5 more minutes to allow the sauce to set.
Resting the Chicken
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes wrapped in tinfoil. This will allow the juices in the chicken to settle before carving the bird.
Step by Step
- Preheat the smoker to 375 degrees F
- Remove the backbone from the chicken
- Spray the chicken with duck fat spray
- Sprinkle the chicken with Motley Que Chicken Fixx
- Place the chicken on the smoker until the internal temperature is 165 degrees
- Paint the chicken with Motley Que Sticky Fixx
- Put the chicken back on the smoker for 5 more minutes
- Remove the chicken from the smoker, rest for 5-10 minutes
- Slice up the chicken into quarters and serve