Black Bone in Pork Loin Roast
Bone in pork loin is one of my favorite cuts of pork because you get the loin chops with the rib bones all in one. When cooked properly this amazing cut of meat can be crazy tender, but also extremely flavorful because of the fat content and presence of the bone. When I am slicing this piece of meat up to serve to my kids, I usually take theirs off the bone and then add the bone to my plate (don’t tell them…). The best part about this roast after saying all of that though is the price. Pork loin is one of the least expensive cuts on a pig, so if you can find a bone in loin for a fair price, make sure to snap it up and follow along with this recipe to impress your friends on a budget.
- Camp Chef XT 24 Wood Pellet Grill
- BBQ Tongs
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- Yonedas Okami Chef Knife
- 1 each Bone in Pork Loin
- 5 each Sprigs fresh lemon thyme (diced)
- 4 each Cloves Fresh Garlic (diced)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Spiceology The Grill Dads Black Tuxedo
Prepping the Pork Loin
- Pre-heat your smoker to 350 degrees.Remove the pork loin from the packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Place the pork loin on a cutting board and get ready to season it. Combine the lemon thyme, garlic, olive oil and grill dad’s black tuxedo seasoning in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Pour the seasoning mixture all over the pork loin and massage the rub into the meat. Once the meat has been well coated, come back and hit it with a little more grill dads over top of the oil mixture.
Smoking the pork loin
- Place the pork loin on the smoker at 350F for about 2 and a half hours. Using an internal temperature thermometer, you are looking for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F for this roast to be done. Once you hit the desired temperature, remove the roast from the smoker, wrap in foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
Slicing the Bone in Pork Loin
- Using a great slicing knife, cut straight between the bones to create nice big 1” thick pork chops. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag us on Instagram using #youneedabbq to show us how you did!
Step By Step
- Preheat your grill to 350 F
- Combine the Garlic, Lemon Thyme, Grill Dads Black Tuxedo and Olive Oil in a bowl
- Pour the seasoning mixture all over the Bone in Loin and massage it into the meat
- Sprinkle a little extra Grill Dad’s seasoning all over the roast
- Place the Bone in Pork Loin Roast on the smoker at 350F
- Using an internal thermometer, let the roast smoke for 2.5 hours or until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees
- Wrap the roast in foil and let is rest for 5-10 minutes
- Slice between the bones and serve with your choice of sauce on the side