Rob's Mild Bacon Wrapped Sausage
What's better than a BBQ sausage? A bacon wrapped BBQ sausage? What's better than a bacon wrapped BBQ sausage? A Rob's Mild Rub on a bacon wrapped BBQ sausage. So simple, yet so delicious. Give this recipe a try and show off at your next barbeque party.
- Louisiana Grills 800 Premier
- BBQ Tongs
- Yonedas Okami Chef Knife
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- 1 package Favourite Pork Sausages
- 1 lb Extra Thick Bacon
- ½ cup Yonedas Grannies Gold Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup Rob's Mild Smokin Rub
- 4 tbsp Boar's Night Out White Lightning Double Garlic Butter
- 1 package Sausage Buns (Optional)
- Turn your grill on at 325 F
- Place the sausages on your cutting board and pour Grannie’s Gold into a bowl. Use a brush to spread on a thin layer of Grannie’s Gold as a binder for the spices.
- Shake White Lighting on first then the Rob’s Mild next repeat for all sides to get an even layer of spices on the sausage. Take one strip of extra thick bacon and wrap it around the sausage. Then one more layer of Rob’s Mild on all of it.
Smoking the Sausages
- Place them on the grill flap side down of the bacon ends to hold in place. I used a wire rack to hold them in place to transport them to the grill and to cook on.
- Cook till internal temp reaches at least 165 Degrees F and the bacon is at your crispiness level.
- You can either place them right on a sausage bun or cut them up into smaller pieces and serve with a side sauce. Truff Red works Great!
Step By Step
- Pre heat your grill to 325F
- Prep the sausages
- Let stand for 20 min to allow spices to blend into the sausages
- Cook till internal temp reaches at least 165 Degrees F
- Serve to your Family. I recommend a nice spicy sauce on the side for dipping or on a bun.