Bacon Wrapped Beef and Horseradish Jalapeno Poppers
Most times when you think of Jalapeno poppers, you think of Jalapenos stuffed with cheese, then breaded and deep fried. Who does not love them as a party snack! These Jalapeno poppers are something else entirely. There are no breadcrumbs, there is no cheese, just loads of beef, bacon, Jalapeno, and flavor. I served these to the staff in the BBQ shop and they were blown away by not only the flavor combination, but how well the Jalapeno heat was smoothed out by the fat in the bacon and beef.
- Apple Wood Pellets
- BBQ Tongs
- BBQ Gloves
- Pit Boss PB 1000 Grill
- Yonedas Okami Chef Knife
- You Need a BBQ Cutting Board
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Motley Que Ivory Heaven
- 8 each Jalapenos
- ¼ cup Big Poppa Smokers Jalapeno Bacon Jallelujah Rub
- Preheat Your smoker or BBQ to 350 degrees.Cut the jalapenos in half length wise and remove all the seeds. If you are wary of too much heat you can throw the jalapenos into a bowl of cool water and let them soak for 10 minutes to remove some of the oil that brings the heat, if heat and you are friends then you do not need to soak them. Take the ground beef and add a drizzle of the motley que ivory heaven to it, this will give you some moisture and the horseradish flavor into the beef. Roll the beef into 16 tablespoon sized meat balls. Press one meat ball into the center of each Jalapeno and then wrap and bacon tightly. Intuition would say that you need to secure it with a toothpick, but if you have the ends of the bacon on the bottom then gravity will hold it in place. Sprinkle the outside of the bacon with the Big Poppa Smokers Jalapeno Bacon Jallelujah Rub.
Smoking the Jalapeno Peppers
- Place the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers on the grill with the ends of the bacon facing down. Let them smoke for about 20 minutes and then gently flip them over. The ends of the bacon should not adhere to themselves and not unroll. Let them smoke for an additional 20 minutes until the bacon is full cooked.
Searing the Bacon Jalapeno Peppers
- Crank the grill temperature and open your searing station, move the jalapeno poppers over the fire and continue flipping until the bacon is nice and crispy. Make sure the internal temperature of the ground beef is at least 165 degrees and then pull the jalapeno poppers off the grill to serve.
Serve with Sauce
- I served my Jalapeno poppers with 3 different sauces. I served it with Motley Que Ivory Heaven, Truff Hotter Truffle Sauce and Smokeshow Jalapeno Ranch Sauce. Yummy! The most popular was the Truff.
Step by Step
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees
- Cut your jalapenos in half length wise and remove the seeds
- Stuff each jalapeno with 1 tablespoon of ground beef seasoned with Ivory Heaven
- Wrap each Jalapeno popper in bacon and then sprinkle with Jalapeno Bacon Jallelujah Rub
- Place on the grill at 350F for 20 minutes
- Flip the Poppers over and continue smoking for 20 more minutes
- Sear the outside until the bacon is crispy
- Serve with your choice of sauces, we did Truff Hotter, Smoke Show Jalapeno Ranch and Motley Que Ivory Heaven